The tips for accomplishing candid wedding photography
With passing time, weddings have changed to a large extent and today, couples wish for more. They no longer wish to have the normal and traditional photography and so, they ask for candid or documentary wedding photography at Fame Park Studios. Candid photography captures the emotions of the couples besides the guests who enjoy themselves minus lining up in front of a camera. However, candid photography happens to be more than pointing a camera at people only, as here, the photographer needs to know plus understand the minute nuances that are involved. The following are some tips for shooting a wedding in an unobtrusive, candid, and lovely way that would turn the whole task easier for you.
- Be ready all the time – You must always be ready and it is the prime angle for candid photography. Your camera should be in your hands and you should get geared to shoot at some moment’s notice only.
- Be aware of your equipment – At times, photographers miss shots when they alter the settings of their camera. A photographer must be aware of the equipment he is using as it helps in gauging the light conditions plus set the camera according to it.
- Make use of a telephone zoom lens – When the matter comes to candid photography, then it involves taking pics of the groom, bride, guests, etc. from a certain distance minus them noticing you. Hence, it will be helpful if you use a long telephoto zoom lens.
- Don’t use the flash – Light coming from a flash will turn out to be boring and unflattering. But, if there isn’t a dearth of light, then you need to look for other methods for brightening up a scene which is photographing.
- Plan ahead or foresee – When you are a candid wedding photographer, then it becomes your responsibility to foresee that is going to happen of your finest calculated guess. Hence, it would be wiser to visit the location prior to the wedding for scouting out some excellent locations to take pictures.
Pre-planning a shoot
It is very important for a wedding photographer to take some additional time for this kind of photography. When you are the wedding photographer, then you must always take extra pictures of the bride as well as a groom in highly attractive locations. The couple will always follow your instructions and so, it is advised to show them manuals at the time of planning a shoot. You must allow a couple to select the poses they wish to have for their wedding shoots.