Great Themed Wedding Ideas to Inspire
Themed wedding are definitely all the rage at the moment and it is a great idea to add another dimension to the occasion in the form of a general theme. Of course, coming up with a suitable theme is easier said than done, and it should ideally be something that you have an interest in, such as sport, an era, or a particular fashion. If you are looking for an ideal wedding theme, here are a few creative ideas that might give you some inspiration.
- Vintage – If you and your partner are in love with old fashions, why not set a vintage theme? There are, for example, stunning wedding venues in Sydney that incorporate Victorian architecture, with beautiful grounds, and that would make the perfect venue for a vintage wedding. Everything from the guests’ attire to the dining tables can reflect the old days, and with black and white photos, you can look back on this day with some pride that you managed to create an ambience of time gone by.
- Alternative – If you are the type of person who doesn’t like conformity, why not go for an alternative wedding? This basically gives you Carte Blanche with every aspect of the occasion, and how far you go, really depends on you, with perhaps a beach ceremony, or you could go for an underwater ceremony.
- Modern – If you are a person who likes the latest technology, there are lots of ways you can incorporate things into the program. Clean lines, geometrical shapes and minimalist décor will all help to create the right ambience, and you can move slightly away from the wedding traditions, even with a non-white wedding dress, or casual dress code for the guests.
- Bohemian – Ideal if you are in love with this creative and free-thinking style, and with the focus on nature, your wedding will be one to be remembered for the originality of the theme. The bride can dress gypsy-style and there can be flowers and baskets everywhere, and if the reception is held in a country garden, so much the better.
- Art Deco – This bold era is a firm favourite with many today, and there are many ways that you can make your wedding Art Deco inspired. The bride’s jewellery is a great place to start, with a stunning Art Deco wedding ring, plus the setting of the reception can include furnishings from this colourful period. Guests can wear 1920s outfits and the wedding cars can be vintage, which will certainly create the perfect ambience.
The above are just a few of the possible ways that you can theme a wedding, and by choosing a venue that is happy to be part of your creation, you are halfway there. Then it is simply a question of getting the guests on board, and let’s face it, we all love to dress up. If you really think about it, you can bring in many aspects of a theme to a wedding, from the guests’ attire to the tableware, and lots more besides.